Best Buy Rings in Another 'Black Friday in July'
Best Buy ran its fourth annual "Black Friday in July" sale to again leverage the excitement surrounding Amazon’s Prime Day for its own benefit.
Best Buy's event ran from July 27-28, though My Best Buy members received exclusive access to the deals on July 26, a full day before the general public. The sale was available both online and in stores, and spanned a slew of offers across categories, such as:
- $125 off all Apple 10.5-inch iPad Pro models
- Up to $150 off Apple's MacBook computers
- Up to $100 off select laptops from HP and Dell
- 20-30% discounts on Microsoft's Xbox and Sony’s PlayStation 4 games
- Up to $20 off select video games
- $100 off Apple’s Beats Studio3 Wireless noise-canceling headphones
- Various savings on 4K ultra-high-definition televisions, starting at $299.99 for brands like Hisense and TCL
- 15% discounts on $25, $30, $50 and $100 Apple's App Store and iTunes gift cards (in both physical and e-mail delivery form)
Support for the promotion spanned an early access promotional page within bestbuy.com, a landing page corralling all “Black Friday” sales events, Twitter and Facebook updates, multiple email blasts, email ads and display ads within bestbuy.com. Best Buy also commissioned a number of affiliate partners such as Vox Media's The Verge for editorials that linked to sale items on bestbuy.com.
Best Buy also ran a two-day sale from July 16-17 to compete directly with Amazon's Prime Day event, which ran concurrently.