Walgreens Spotlights Cosmetics Category
Walgreens thrust "cosmetics, nails & accessories" into the spotlight in recent weeks, dangling a "buy 2, get 3rd free" offer valid Aug. 26 through Sept. 22.
The retailer is leveraging a variety of in-store touchpoints to promote the offer, including aisle violators, endcaps and floorstands, as well as circular features and a dedicated walgreens.com landing page.
As with similar category-wide promotions staged over the last two-plus years, Walgreens has enlisted the help of national brands to support the offer while also showcasing its private labels.
Among activity promoting the category-wide incentive:
- L'Oreal deployed a small endcap in the beauty department stocking its Voluminous mascara as well as Infallible Pro-Last eyebrow pencils and Colour Riche/Ultra Matte lipstick. The display promotes the category-wide offer with header and shelf signage as well as shelf danglers.
- L'Oreal also secured large endcaps that stock various other L'Oreal and Maybelline cosmetics outfitted with a header and shelf signage.
- Coty Inc.'s CoverGirl leveraged three-way floorstands (as well as a co-op FSI) to showcase its products.
- Multiple violators in the cosmetics aisle depict L'Oreal, Maybelline and Walgreens brand products on one side and Revlon, Coty's Sally Hansen and private label No7 items on the other.
- Upfront circular rack signs depict L'Oreal, Sally Hansen, Maybelline, No7 and Walgreens products.