P&G brandSaver: November 2018
Procter & Gamble shined a spotlight on new Olay skincare SKUs and heralded the winter holidays with its November edition of brandSaver.
Distributed on October 28 via Valassis, the stand-alone insert's front page depicted new Olay SKUs including a brightening eye cream and "pore detox black charcoal" clay mask. The cover also boasted of up to $85 in coupons (depending on the market) contained within. The first interior spread continued to highlight new Olay skincare SKUs under a "get your new beauty fix" message.
Elsewhere in the event, Gillette, Old Spice and Secret joined for an interior spread dangling $7 in savings and encouraging consumers to get "holiday ready." In additional seasonal activity:
- Gillette positioned razors as "the best gift a man can get" in a full-page FSI.
- A full-page FSI touted Charmin, Bounty and Puffs SKUs under a "are you ready for the holidays?" message.
- Febreze Air dangled a "buy one, get one" free offer on its seasonal holiday scents.
Among other noteworthy activity:
- Multiple brands joined to tie in to Veterans Day by touting P&G's employment of veterans and reservists, and support of military families, veterans and veteran-owned small businesses on the FSI event's back cover.
- Head & Shoulders invited shoppers to "ditch the dryness this winter" with its shampoo and conditioner, which lock "in moisture 75% better" than moisturizing shampoo alone.
- Always used a full-page FSI to spotlight its #LikeAGirl cause campaign and its pad donations that aim to stop the drop in confidence that girls experience at puberty.
Brands including Venus, Tide, Gain, Prilosec, Tampax, Fixodent and Dawn were also represented in the event.
Click here for this week's retailer overlays.