P&G brandSaver: March 2018
Procter & Gamble used its March 2018 edition of brandSaver to tout its support of March 8 as "International Women's Day."
Distributed on March 4 via Valassis, the stand-alone insert's front page employed a series of hashtags (led by #WeSeeEqual) tied to the cause while also boasting of up to $93 in coupons (depending on the market) contained within. An interior feature plugged the manufacturer's efforts to promote gender equality through partnerships with Global Citizen, Seneca Women and UN Women. A second feature touted Always' education program as having helped 17 million girls.
In other significant activity:
- Swiffer and Mr. Clean joined for a spring cleaning-themed FSI.
- Charmin, Bounty and Puffs unofficially referenced the National Collegiate Athletic Association's "March Madness" season while also teasing a new version of Bounty Essentials as "coming soon."
- A full-page FSI touting new Olay "Whip" SKUs promised $15 by mail-in rebate with purchase of $50 worth of products from Pantene, Olay, Venus, Secret, Head & Shoulders, Ivory or Safeguard from March 1 to April 30.
- Braun dangled a month of free access to EA Games, directing consumers to the brand's website for details.
- Consumers were directed to the Flipp mobile application to access additional coupons.
The event also plugged new foam conditioner from Pantene as well as other new SKUs from Head & Shoulders, Herbal Essences, Crest, Old Spice, Venus and Vicks.
See Related Updates on P2PI for this week's concurrent retailer programs.