P&G brandSaver: December 2018
Procter & Gamble put personal care at the top of holiday gift lists with the December edition of brandSaver.
Distributed on Nov. 25 via Valassis, the stand-alone insert's front page depicted Pantene, Olay and Crest. The cover also boasted of up to $64 in coupons (depending on the market) contained within. The first interior spread continued the "unwrap the holidays" theme, promoting the same products as well as a $15 mail-in rebate with cumulative purchase of $50 worth of qualifying P&G personal care items.
In additional seasonal activity:
- Old Spice invited consumers to get "chill hair with style & care" using its products.
- Vicks presented multiple OTC products to tackle cold and flu season while dangling deals such as a free box of Puff's tissues with purchase of two Vicks SKUs.
- Crest prompted gift givers to "unwrap the fun" with children's oral care products depicting Disney characters from Incredibles 2 and Frozen, among others.
- Bounty and Charmin encouraged shoppers to "stock-up and save for the holidays" with their brands versus "ordinary" and "bargain" brands.
- Gillette plugged its limited-edition razor as "the best gift a man can get."
Among other noteworthy activity:
- Pantene promoted "2x more great hair days" and a $5 off coupon.
- Tide offered a "plant-based clean," while touting its 2018 "environmental leader top product" award.
- Febreze Unstopables plugged a "buy one, get one free" deal.
- Olay promised its new facial care SKUs would be a "new beauty fix."
Brands including Align, Prilosec, Fixodent, Pampers and Head & Shoulders were also represented in the event.
See P2PI.org for this week's retailer overlays.