Albertsons and Quotient Launch Albertsons Performance Media
Albertsons Cos., Boise, Idaho, and longtime partner Quotient Technology, Mountain View, California, announced the launch of Albertsons Performance Media, powered by Quotient, which enables the retailer’s trading partners to leverage proprietary shopper data. With the offering, brands can deliver targeted and relevant ad campaigns across the full spectrum of platforms such as Albertsons’ digital properties, Quotient’s digital properties and third-party properties, including all major digital publishers, according to the companies.
“The launch of Albertsons Performance Media, powered by Quotient, is a significant milestone in our journey to being more tightly integrated in the digital grocery ecosystem,” said Narayan Iyengar, Albertsons senior vice president of digital and e-commerce, in a media release. “With this capability, we aspire to deepen our digital relationships with our CPG vendor partners while also being more relevant to our digitally savvy customers. We have had a long-standing relationship with Quotient and have been impressed with their capabilities and leadership. They were the natural choice for us to partner on this critical initiative.”
Quotient, which already partners with Albertsons on its digital savings programs, will manage and optimize the process of Albertsons Performance Media. For example, Quotient will collect shopper data through point-of-sale with its Quotient Retailer iQ platform, work with brands and Albertsons to design campaigns, develop and deliver creative and measure performance throughout the entire process.
“Albertsons Companies, with great banners such as Safeway, Jewel-Osco and Albertsons, has long worked with digital solutions to drive in-store traffic, customer loyalty, and sales,” said Mir Aamir, Quotient president and chief executive officer, in the release. “We are now thrilled to help Albertsons Companies become a leading avenue for data-driven digital media for brands to grow sales efficiently. We’re excited to power Albertsons Performance Media with data science, media delivery and measurement, as well as integration with digital promotions, circulars and shopping lists. The potential is enormous.”
Albertsons Performance Media is built on three key pillars:
- Shopper audience targeting using purchasing data
- Creative ad units to deliver brand equity ads and experiences across mobile, social and web, integrated with a call to action to drive sales, such as a digital coupon, in-store special, or add-to-cart for online purchase
- Media measurement, which uses advanced analytics to measure performance by linking ad views to a shopper’s verified purchase
According to Quotient and Albertsons, brands using the Albertsons Performance Media platform have several ways to activate shoppers, including:
- Amplifying Events – Support in-store events by targeting specific Albertsons shoppers when they are planning their shopping trip
- Supporting Shopper Themes – Reach the right shoppers at critical shopping times with brand or merchant messages (i.e., Mother’s Day, Back to School)
- Building Brand Loyalty – Amplify a national brand campaign with retail call-to-action along the digital path to purchase, such as proximity to stores or incentives over multiple purchases over time
- Launching Products – Target media and offers to drive new product trial and repeat purchases, while allowing for A/B testing, campaign impact analysis and optimization
- Boosting E-Commerce Sales – Drive shoppers to the digital shelf
Albertsons operates stores under 20 different banners including; Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's, Acme, Tom Thumb, Randalls, United Supermarkets, Pavilions, Star Market, Haggen and Carrs. It also acquired the meal kit company Plated last year.